Monday 25 April 2011

Temporary Respite for a lovely London Wedding!!

[Katherine]: I've been very lax with writing in the blog recently, mostly for the fact that I have had nothing to write about. We are both on a major budget binge in preparation for our summer holidays, and I have also got a big expenditure with Chrissie's wedding (plus the fact that I was meant to not have a summer holiday, which has now become a luxury holiday in Borneo, but hey, you only live once, mwahaa!!!!)
Anyway, this week (tomorrow) I am off to the bright lights of London town, to attend my very own Royal Wedding  - my fabulous twin and her fabulous fiancee - who needs Will and Kate?!
Oooh civilisation!!
I am very excited about seeing my womb buddy, Chrissie getting wed ( I can't believe shes all grown up!) and of course the rest of the family and some dear friends! It will be great to be involved in a wedding for my best twin sister and dead romantic! It will also be amazing to see everyone again and do some cheesy dancing!! However, I must admit that there are some other things I am looking forward to in my speedy trip to the UK......

1. NOT being in Korea - yes it's not secret that I hate Korea, the place, the people, the food, it will be a lovely respite from this hell hole, and will hopefully make me appreciate life (or something equally deep)
2. FOOD!! - The food (as mentioned) in Korea is beyond dire, you've never seen a TESCO like the Tesco in Korea - its a live fish market mostly and stinks!! So fish and chips, ham sandwiches, sausage rolls and proper british food will be a BIG draw this week!! I'm also bringing back some supplies for my lovely Greg so that should make our last few months here slightly more bearable!


mmmmmm tasty!!
3. Being able to walk down the street without being gurned at, glared at or generally shoved out of the way!
ANGRY!!!!
4. Not having to teach the Borstal Boys for a whole week!

Borstal! :(
5. Being able to buy clothes that actually fit me!
6. Being able to drink nice wine that doesn't cost about 50 quid a bottle!
7. Being able to hug everyone that I love!

This trip will be really good, I think it will be good for my health and also be a good divider of the middle and the end of my time in Korea! I will miss Greg, but hopefully all the food we get will make up for the separation trauma!! It will be weird to be away from him for a whole week!!

 After this break, I can focus on completing my time here, hopefully not murdering the borstal students, and looking forward to getting back to the UK and spending the money I have saved here!! Maybe I can even write some optimistic things about Korea upon my return - yeah right!!!!

Anyway, I will write on the blog when I get back, and let you know about my wedding adventure!!



No comments:

Post a Comment