Tuesday 22 February 2011

The mystery of the salt and vinegar crisps!!

Since I have arrived in Korea, I have taken one thing as my solace:



Yes, that's right salt and vinegar crisps!! They were a golden find in the International Food shop in Seoul and they brightened my weary days (for some reason Korean shops don't stock the same western brands like other Asian countries do - I wish I had discovered this before I came to Korea - research, Katherine, research!!

Anyway, the arrangement has all been well and good until last week! We were in Seoul to get drunk and celebrate Greg's birthday. However, a shock met us when we discovered that there were no salt and vinegar crisps in any of our food shops! I had to choke back the tears and grin and bear it, it was one of my lowest points in Korea! However, I tried to rationalise and said that this must be some terrible anamoly, that next week all the crisps would be back on their rightful shelves!!

I bet you can guess what happened next....

Yes that's right, this week I entered the shop and still NO SALT AND VINEGAR CRISPS!!! This is a travesty and I assume that the worst is to come, and that the future has a lack of salt and vinegar goodness in it???  Perhaps there is some weird shortage of export crisps in the US, or perhaps God is taunting me? I just don't know! But whatever happens, I cannot survive without them, they are my only hope of sanity!!! It's the lowest point of my being..


If anyone has any suggestions to resolve this, please let me know, I await answers and the return of my beautiful crisps to their lovely shelves!!! Korea, I've been so good to you, so please help me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment