Tuesday 31 May 2011

Things we like about Korea - Part 4

Just a quicky!

Electricity is soooo cheap here! I've just had a bill in for this month and it was 7900 won/ 4 quid. We both use the electricity all the time so it's just amazing that it's so cheap! Sometimes I put the electric blanket on when I don't need it, I'm just that cerazy! I also pay 2,000 won a month for the flat in Sintaein (which I don't use) which I think is some sort of Admin charge... so that means in total I'm paying about 3 quid a month to fully energise a flat! I'll be wishing I had that when I'm freezing cold under 85 blankets in the UK and can't afford to put the radiators on!

I'm not going to mention the real cost of S. Korean rural power - instead of gas or electricity powering hot water it's oil. The oil costs 1,000 won a litre, which doesn't sound a lot but it is. However, weirdly Greg has got away with only using about 10 litres of the stuff since he moved here. I paid sky high bills in Ancheon but I think thats because the old people were syphoning it off me!

1 comment: